1 killed, 2 injured in I-459 wreck in Hoover | News
HOOVER, AL (WBRC)- One person has died and two others were injured in a wreck on I-459 North in Hoover this afternoon.
Hoover police say a pickup truck and car wrecked on I-459 northbound between the Highway 31/Galleria Blvd. exit and the Lorna Road overpass. Several lanes in the area were closed but reopened around 5:20 p.m.
Three people involved in the wreck were transported to the hospital. One passed away at UAB Hospital and the other two are being treated at St. Vincent's East. The extent of their injuries is unknown.
Hoover's accident investigation team is on the scene. There's no word yet on when the wreck will be cleared from the roadway.
Traffic has backed up to Highway 150 and the line of cars continues to grow.
Check back with this story for updates.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Homewood police nab suspects in jogging trail car burglaries
- The Birmingham Zoo works hard to keep animals toasty on cold nights
- Homewood city leaders discuss Mecca Avenue safety concerns
- Mountain Brook mayor shares memories of protecting the Kennedy family
- Our Lady of Sorrows gathers supplies for typhoon victims
- Editorial cartoon printed in Univ. of Alabama student newspaper stirs controversy
- Operation Toy Drop donations will arrive by ground this year
- Tuscaloosa expects 50,000 fans during Super 6
- Tuscaloosa authorities need more Operation Toy Drop donations
- Tuscaloosa commission calls for report of how schools used one cent sales tax