Hoover store kicks off Hope Floats breast cancer awareness campaign | News
HOOVER, AL (WBRC)- Wrapsody of Hoover has kicked off their 4th Annual Hope Floats campaign aimed at spreading breast cancer awareness, celebrating survivors and remembering those who have passed.
During the month of October, the gift store will sell pink balloons and tags ($2) and t-shirts ($12) to help raise money for UAB's Angel Squad. This group of volunteers help raise awareness and reach out to breast cancer patients.
Donors can write personal messages on the tags and the balloons will be on display in the store until the balloon release Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 4 p.m.
The public is invited to attend the balloon release. There will also be live music, face painting and pink sweets.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All right reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Homewood police nab suspects in jogging trail car burglaries
- The Birmingham Zoo works hard to keep animals toasty on cold nights
- Homewood city leaders discuss Mecca Avenue safety concerns
- Mountain Brook mayor shares memories of protecting the Kennedy family
- Our Lady of Sorrows gathers supplies for typhoon victims
- Editorial cartoon printed in Univ. of Alabama student newspaper stirs controversy
- Operation Toy Drop donations will arrive by ground this year
- Tuscaloosa expects 50,000 fans during Super 6
- Tuscaloosa authorities need more Operation Toy Drop donations
- Tuscaloosa commission calls for report of how schools used one cent sales tax