Head over Teal 5K benefits ovarian cancer research | Community Spirit
Hundreds of people gathered Saturday morning to raise money and awareness for ovarian cancer research.
The "Head of Teal 5K" was held at the Preserve in Hoover. Proceeds benefitted the Laura Crandall Brown Ovarian Cancer Foundation.
FOX6 News anchor Beth Shelburne emceed the event. Hundreds of runners laced up for the race. There was also a family fun day with music, food and activities for kids.
The Laura Crandall Brown Foundation raises money to support research in the early detection of ovarian cancer. It was formed in memory of Laura Crandall Brown, who died in Alabama at the age of 25 from the disease.
Copyright 2011 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Homewood police nab suspects in jogging trail car burglaries
- The Birmingham Zoo works hard to keep animals toasty on cold nights
- Homewood city leaders discuss Mecca Avenue safety concerns
- Mountain Brook mayor shares memories of protecting the Kennedy family
- Our Lady of Sorrows gathers supplies for typhoon victims
- Community excited for Alberta City fire station groundbreaking
- Tide kicker Cade Foster receives letter of support from George W. Bush
- Son of former Tuscaloosa Co. sheriff among deputies indicted in L.A. County
- West Ala. group awarded $3M to help residents pay for heating bills
- Editorial cartoon printed in Univ. of Alabama student newspaper stirs controversy